Forum OpenACS Q&A: Open Job Position in Vienna, Austria
In case of questions, please contact:
The Institute for Information Systems and New Media is currently inviting applications for a full-time Learn@WU systems manager position (employee subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff - Angestellte/r gemäß Kollektivvertrag für die Arbeitnehmer/innen der Universitäten; minimum gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: € 2.427,30 ; recognition of previous employment - if relevant to the advertised position - possible). This employee position will be limited until December 31, 2017, starting on November 01, 2015 (commencement date subject to change).
With Learn@WU, the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) runs one of the largest and most successful academic eLearning platforms worldwide. As part of the team, you actively take part in continually enhancing this service.
Your responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementation of agile development projects for Learn@WU to support technology enhanced learning (team size 2 to 7 people)
- Software development within the existing web application framework (OpenACS, Linux, PostgreSQL)
- Technical support for faculty, staff and students
- Academic master degree or close to completion of studies in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Experience in the development of web-based applications using current technologies
- Experience in the operation and administration of high-availability Linux systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of SQL
- Interest in multimedia and video streaming technologies
- Ability to work in a team, eagerness to learn, self-responsibility, structured approach to work
- Good language skills in English is an asset
- Experience with operation and technologies of eLearning platforms is an asset
Reference Number: 2919
Application materials can be submitted online until October 14, 2015.
Travel and lodging expenses:
We regret that WU cannot reimburse applicants for travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and/or hiring process.
WU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members, especially in management positions. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference. WU has an Equal Opportunities Working Group (information in German).
For more details, consult http://www.wu.ac.at/structure/servicecenters/hr/current-job-openings/2919/en/