Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS Job Opening in Vienna, Austria
In case of questions, please contact:
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), the largest business university in the European Union, is located at the heart of Europe. The university maintains an excellent position as a center for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty.
The Institute for Information Systems and New Media is currently inviting applications for a SYSTEMS MANAGER for the Learn@WU systems
Area of responsibility
With Learn@WU, the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) runs one of the largest and most successful academic e-learning platforms worldwide. As part of the team, you actively take part in continually enhancing this service.
Your responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementation of agile development projects for Learn@WU to support technology enhanced learning (team size 2 to 7 people)
- Software development within the existing web application framework (OpenACS, Linux, PostgreSQL)
- Development of innovative e-learning multimedia projects, support of the existing infrastructure for the recording and streaming of lectures
- Technical support for faculty, staff and students
- Academic Master degree or close to completion of studies in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Experience in the development of web-based applications using current technologies
- Experience in the operation and administration of high availability Linux systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of SQL
- Interest in multimedia and video streaming technologies
- Ability to work in a team, eagerness to learn, self-responsibility, structured approach to work
- Good language skills in English is an asset
- Experience with operation and technologies of e-learning platforms is an asset
Gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: € 2,457,90. This position will be limited to a period of 2 years, starting on May 01, 2016 (commencement date subject to change).
Application materials can be submitted online until April 20, 2016 at the
following Web address: http://www.wu.ac.at/jobs/ (Reference Number 3037).
We are looking forward to your application!