Forum .LRN Q&A: .LRN Board Nominations

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Please post nominations for the dotLRN Governance board here.

For details on dotLRN governance please see: https://openacs.org/xowiki/en/%2eLRN_Governance

Notes:
Anyone can nominate
Only representatives of consortium members can vote or be elected
Any organization (including individuals) can join the consortium, minimum contribution is $250

Collapse
2: Re: .LRN Board Nominations (response to 1)
I nominate Dr. Carl Robert Blesius
Collapse
3: Re: .LRN Board Nominations (response to 1)
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
I nominate Jesus G. Boticario (UNED).
Collapse
Posted by Olga C. Santos on
I also nominate Jesús G. Boticario
Collapse
5: Re: .LRN Board Nominations (response to 1)
I also nominate

Rocael Hernandez
and
Malte Sussdorff

Collapse
6: Re: .LRN Board Nominations (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I nominate Caroline Meeks
Collapse
7: Re: .LRN Board Nominations (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Just to make sure, if an organization has multiple employees it still has only one vote unless the employees sign up as individuals, giving them a vote as well ?

If you are nominated and do not want the job, please state so quickly.

A person needs to be nominated only once.

Do we have a limit on nominees per organization?

Collapse
Posted by Dario Roig on
I also nominate

Rocael Hernandez

Collapse
9: Re: .LRN Board Nominations (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hopefully we do not repeat too many persons at the leadership team and .LRN board 😉.

I would like to nominate:
Alfred Essa
Carlos Delgado
Rafael Calvo
Cesar Brea

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
Roc,

Thanks for nominating me. I am going to decline. It will be good to get some new blood at the Board. I intend to continue to participate though in the community.

Al

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Roc
The same here, thanks for nominating but I can not accept
I will keep involved, helping the community, but I would like to see new people coming in.

Regards

Rafael

Collapse
Also I nominate:
Gustaf Neumann
Collapse
This is a summary or our current nominations and my understand of whether or not they are wiling to run and serve. Please update.

Dr. Carl Robert Blesius - Accepted
Jesus G. Boticario (UNED) -
Rocael Hernandez - Accepted
Malte Sussdorff - Accepted
Caroline Meeks - Accepted
Carlos Delgado -
Cesar Brea - Considering
Gustaf Neumann

Collapse
Posted by Jesus G. Boticario on
Emma, Olga,

Thanks for nominating me. I am very much looking forward to working closely to dotLRN Board and Community. Especially on accessibility issues with the new budget from EU projects.

Thanks so much,
Jesus

Collapse
Dr. Carl Robert Blesius - Accepted
Jesus G. Boticario (UNED) - Accepted
Rocael Hernandez - Accepted
Malte Sussdorff - Accepted
Caroline Meeks - Accepted
Carlos Delgado -
Cesar Brea - Accepted
Gustaf Neumann

Cesar accepted conditional on the organization being able to meet the bookkeeping and legal filing obligations to remain a nonprofit in good standing. The reason is that board members can be liable if the organization is not in compliance with such laws. So I guess if you don't think that is important, don't vote for Cesar.

We have 8 candidates, 6 have accepted. I suspect Gustaf will also, has anyone talked to Carlos?

I don't think invoices have gone out yet.

This is not the best situation to hold an election under but I with only 1 of the current board members interested in serving going forward I think our best bet is to get a new board in place ASAP, not wait for the current (mostly nonexistent) board to achieve something.

Joel has agreed to count ballots. I asked him as a known, uninterested party.

The plan calls for the people with the most votes to serve 3 years, the next 2, and the next 1. However, at this point I am concerned that not all organizations have been given the information they need to make an informed decision about whether they want to join the consortium and vote. I see this board as likely to significantly redefine the organization, I hope in a way that makes it attractive to a much larger audience and encourages far wider participation.

To that end, my suggestion at this crossroads is that the results of this election be valid for 1 year only and that we move towards 3 year terms after the next election in which there will hopefully be much broader participation.

Thoughts?

Collapse
I agree, lets do 1 year.