Forum OpenACS Development: Open/New projects

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
I think the time has come to have a public place for people working on enhancements to OpenACS or AOLServer et al to post status & etc.

There are many ideas floating around to take advantage of AOLServers use an application server. A big problem I see is that nobody knows who is really doing what.

For example, several people have said that they want to see a SOAP implementation. Who is actually working on this? I would be interested but I don't want to start work on something that someone else is already working on. There are probably many packages in the same boat. If someone is writing a package I may need it would be better to know about it.

Can we have a page of ancillary projects (ideally it should be a package, but a page will suffice for now)? That way the community can have a much better idea of where things are going.

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Thas an excellent idea, and I'd like to see this also. Perhaps including a status update.. i.e. so yoy can see if anyone actually done anything on it in the last few weeks..
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
.. and a "sign up for notifications" link :)
Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
We will incorporate this into the Developer area of the new site, which is being actively worked on right now.

I think the notifications part will have to wait, though;  right now we're doing this in ETP and I don't believe there is any tie-in with notifications.  That's an interesting idea, however...