Forum OpenACS Development: Response to 4.6 release - status page available

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Janine,

I have finished converting the db api for templating and cms, and I'm currently working on openfts.  There is much more work to be done on openfts than I originally anticipated, so I don't think I will finish everything in time for the release dates that you're showing.  I've finished porting openfts, but there are two additional dictionary types for which I need to add support.  I've integrated the ispell dictionary support (thanks to Neophytos for contributing the code), and I need to add support for snowball stemmers.  Currently, Openfts really only has dictionary support for english via the porter stemming algorithm.  Adding ispell and snowball stemmer support will provide dictionary support for languages other than english, and I think it's more important than the other stuff that I signed up to do, so I'm going to continue on with the openfts work until I have a release ready.

Roberto had told me that he would handle the xml import/export item, but in light of the fact that his wife recently had a baby, I would be surprised if he finished it in time for the 4.6 release.  By the way Roberto, congratulations!