Forum OpenACS Development: Response to A way forward for regression testing.

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
I've finished my first test now and I can reconfirm what I said above - I really like the tool! I like how test results are organized in the web interface and how assertions that pass are reported - very cool.

There are a number of features like stubbing and init classes and components (not sure what the latter are) that I haven't used yet. I'll be committing my tests to acs-lang soon so people will have another example to look at.

Pete - seems you are beating me to the bootstrap job 😊 I took a stab at it myself but I kind of got stuck. I tried adding tcl_test as a file type (for tcl files with a parent dir of test) to apm_guess_file_type in 30-apm-load-procs.tcl and would then source the tcl files of type tcl_test if acs-automated-testing is installed. My problem - the db procs are not sourced at that stage. Should we maybe source the test tcl files from an acs-automated-testing-init.tcl file instead? I'm a little confused here, I'm not sure I understand the order in which things are sourced.