Forum OpenACS Q&A: Generic installation scripts

Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
I just did a fresh installation on my Ubuntu 16.04 getting the installations scripts via git clone https://github.com/gustafn/install-ns, but starting the service I got the following error:

no such key: while executing "nsv_get apm_package_url_resolution $package_key" (procedure "apm_package_url_resolution" line 2) invoked from within "apm_package_url_resolution [ad_conn package_key]"

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Dear Claudio,

i made a fresh install on an Ubuntu 14.04 system, and the install worked mostly correct. There was some fiddling with the startup-script (config-oacs-5-9.tcl) necessary (IPv4 address), openacs is not happy about the driver name. the basic install install just acs-core, via install from repo i could install xowiki and xowf. xowf first complained about non-exisitng files from ajax helper. after installing these as well, xowf looks fine.

The forthcoming releases of NaviServer and OpenACS should have these glitches removed.

Can it be that you have a mixture of files from CVS and from the .apm files?

-gn

Collapse
No, I simply executed the installation scripts and launched the service oacs-5-9 after adjusting the config file.

By the way the oacs-5-9.service file for systemd now works well, thank You.

Collapse
When do you get this error log entry exactly?
If one starts from scratch (what i assume from your comments), one has after the install script a plain acs-core installation (no application packages). Do you see the message already there? On which url?

The error message says in essence, that there is no package available for the provided url path (in previous versions of openacs, this condition was silently ignored).

Collapse
Well, I think it was my fault.

Probably I forgot to drop the oacs-5-9 database (where I had already installed some packages) before executing the installation scripts.

As a result the installed source didn't contain the extra packages and hence the error during the startup.

I repeated the process and all went well, even if during the upgrade from repository I got some errors complaining about nssock_v4.

Thank You very much for your patience!

Claudio

Collapse
Thank you very much for your feedback!

Concerning the message about "Unknown driver: nssock_v4" in the error.log: This happens when naviserver 4.99.11 (which introduced IPv6 support, and the names "nssock_v4" and "nssock_v6" in the sample config file) is used together with the tar release of OpenACS 5.9.0, which predates NaviServer 4.99.11.

More recent versions of OpenACS [1] don't expect anymore, that an instance of the nssock driver must have exactly the name "nssock". NaviServer can listen on multiple interfaces at the same time by loading the driver multiple times under different names.... this is, what the sample config file for IPv4 and IPv6 does, using the addresses with the _v4 and _v6 suffixes.

-g

https://openacs.org/api-doc/proc-view?proc=util_driver_info&source_p=1