Forum OpenACS Development: Re: NaviServer on Windows: [ns_info threads] returning unbalanced braces
just for your information.
I've integrated in my distribution TCL 8.5.19 (it was 8.5.18) and the issue is still there.
1. OpenACS works fine.
2. With ]po[ we still have the unbalanced braces.
as far as I can see it is a timing / threading issue, getting worse when the scheduled background procedures are executed.
3. This issue in my installer is not blocking and does not prevent ]po[ from functioning properly.
4. I will be glad to prove anything I said in here with a live Teamviewer (or whatever) session.
BTW: It's almost one year I have ]po[ 5.0 running on this platform (with this issue present).
I've checked the "large file" issue from ]po[ on your unmodified OpenACS installer, and it behaves exactly the same. There is an issue in your NaviServer binary!
Here is what I tested, so you can reproduce:
- I use a (pretty) fresh Windows Server 2008R2 install as a base,
- Installed your original "Windows-OpenACS-5.9.0.exe" installer,
- Copied a "ext-all.js" file (1.4MB) into C:\naviserver\servers\openacs\packages\acs-admin\www and
- Tried to load the file via the browser from within the VMware: http://localhost:8000/acs-admin/ext-all.js
As a result, the browser shows the first part of the file, but then hangs. NSD.exe starts to consume 50% CPU (there are only two cores assigned to the VM).
my installer, my binary... or simply Naviserver's behaviour on Windows?
...and how about the unbalanced braces...
Does this issue shows up also in the binary generated by Gustaf (I mean when running ]project-open[, not OpenACS)?
If not we need to understand the differences, if yes... then we are facing some problems in Naviserver that show up only in particular cases, work loads...
Please, if you can, get the binary form Gustaf. Please do try those binaries a big file, load then ]project-open[ and then let's see if we are observing different or identical behaviours.
Thank you for your analysis,
Sorry if this "you" sounds personal when I refer to "your" installer. I'm just very happy that I was able to narrow down the error quickly.
Maurizio, could you please try to load a slightly larger file with your OpenACS on your master Windows installation and confirm that you can reproduce the issue?
> binaries generated by Gustaf
I couldn't test yet, I don't have the binaries yet. Waiting for them eagerly