Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Who wants to built .WRK?

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Jade,

I agree with your recommendations for functionality.

It also presents an interesting dimension that's building. People seem to be describing dotWRK not really as a corporate intranet, but increasingly as a project management tool..... and further to that the focus (and I'm only going on the few postings dotted abot so far) seems to be a little biased towards software companies!

Folks, I know this sounds a bit trite, but there are companies out there that do stuff other than develop software ;), perhaps we should consider what the difference in needs is between tech companies using intranets and more 'traditional' companies.

I'm worried that the requirements being built up are being largely by developers. Do we have anyone in the community *not* involved with tech as their main business. CAn we persuade them to get involved in this informal 'requirements capture'?

My partner is a marketing executive, and even a short discussion with her has radically changed my idea of what a company might want from an intranet (and she's in a tech company).