Forum OpenACS Development: Need: drop down menu (dojo AJAX)

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
For my private site I need a drop down menu, so that if I move over a button / link, a drop down appears with more links.

Take a look at the bar above and imagine you move your mouse of "Community" and a box pops up below community with the links to "OpenACS Sites" and "OpenACS companies", so I do not have to click on communities and then on OpenACS sites to get there.

I would need this to work in a way that I can call a procedure:

generate_dropdown_menu [list [list "/news" News] [list "/forums" Forums] [list "/communities" Community [list [list "..." "OpenACS Companies] [list "..." "OpenACS sites"]]]]

The idea is, we have a list of lists where each list has at least two elements (URL and display name) and the third optional element is again a list of lists with URL / display name for the submenu. The result should behave like http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Menu2.html .

Additionally a parameter should be added to make this a context bar instead (so you can right click, see http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Menu2_Node.html)

If someone commits this to OpenACS by 15th of January 2007 as a new years present for OpenACS he/she will have a $100 to spend (at least thats what I pledge, if others want to up this, feel free to join).

The code should be reusable so you can change the look of the menu (colors, fonts etc.) by editing the CSS parameters. Obviously no images are involved.

Collapse
Posted by Hamilton Chua on
Hello Malte,

Do you specifically want to use dojo or are you using the test pages above as examples of want you would like. AjaxHelper includes Scriptaculous and YUI (Yahoo User Interface) in addition to dojo.

Thanks,

Hamilton

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I used them just as examples. If you can get the same (or even a better result) with a different AJAX toolkit, I'm all up for it. Main point: It works :).