Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to survey / simple-survey status for 4.6?

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Geddert on
Along the same lines, it sounds like survey/simple-survey are thus pretty complete. I was wondering if anybody has a discussion about or is planning to add "grading" functionality to survey. If not, i may want to start working on that soon (after Michael Steigman and I finish porting/improving the events package from 3.x - to 4.x). Dave, would you be the person to talk to about adding this type of functionality to survey? I think it would significantly improve the usefulness of the survey package.

What i mean by "grading" is the following. If you have a multiple choice survey with a number of questions - possibly broken down into a number of sub-survey categories - grading would allow you to:

• it would allow teachers to administer multiple choice quizzes/tests/practice tests via survey that are automatically graded!
  • it would allow people to take personality tests/quizzes, where you analyze responses in categories, and derive something about a person from each of those categories based on the score - and then you could give a response to the person per category. I.e. you seem more angry than normal, you are a thinking person (instead of a sensing person), etc.
  • Even if you don't give the analysis to the web user - you could generate useful reports for the site administrators, about the responses given by complex surveys (i.e. the average response for category 1 was 23.4, and category 2 was 32.7, etc.). I guess this would be sort of like the automatic generation of graphcs/pie charts.