Forum OpenACS Development: Re: NaviServer on windows - 6th of June

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Dear Maurizio,

note that tip code of NaviServer on bitbucket is currently under some refactoring and is not a released code. The fact that does not work currently on windows is not due the discrepancy of the definition of Ns_SockListenCallback, the prototype was already incorrect since at least Dec 2017.

There is a major recfactoring and functional extension of ns_htttp, which is not finished yet. This will take still a few weeks of work depending on work loads.

The current code on the tip branch is regularly tested under Linux and macOS. but it was unknown to us that it is not functioning under windows. Many thanks for letting us know that. We do not have an ongoing testing for windows established. But certainly, windows testing and fixing has to be done before the next release of NaviServer.

Although i highly appreciate early testing of the code, please offer for your customers windows binaries of the last release tagged on bitbucket with "naviserver-4.99.18" (maybe additionally to snapshot compiles).

all the best
-gn

Collapse
Posted by Maurizio Martignano on
Hello Gustaf,
thank you for your answer.

Please ping me whenever the major refactoring is about to be finished, and I'll test it on Windows.

Thank you,
Maurizio