• acs-kernel
  • acs-mail
  • acs-service-contract
  • bookmarks
  • faq
  • file-storage
  • news
  • search
I've tested the PG version of these scripts on 7.2.3 and they seem to work. I've also bumped the .info files of the changed packages to 4.6.

The only packages that still need upgrade scripts are calendar, cms, ecommerce and wp-slim. I'm probably not going to be able to get to those, so hopefully someone more familiar with those packages will write 'em if they're needed.

I'll plan on committing this tomorrow night if there is no objection.

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

What does the upgrade script handle. I changed a few tcl files in calendar, but no datamodel changes. I didn't touch the .info file either.

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
The upgrade scripts are only for datamodel changes. I just basically did a diff between a 4.5 checkout and a 4.6 checkout. It looks like the cal_item_types table is new in 4.6, as is a new foreign key reference to that table in cal_items. The dates on those changes look like they are from March through July 2002.

It may be that calendar was not in a usable state in 4.5, so an upgrade script might not be absolutely needed if no-one is using a 4.5 version of calendar. I don't know though, so I left it alone 😊

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Vinod ... you're awesome, doc!
Collapse
Posted by Ken Kennedy on
It may be that calendar was not in a usable state in 4.5, so an upgrade script might not be absolutely needed if no-one is using a 4.5 version of calendar. I don't know though, so I left it alone 😊

Calendar doesn't seem to be working in 4.5. I just came back into the OpenACS "fold" after a long hiatus (woohoo!), and finished setting up a 4.5 server (release tarball) this weekend for my home site. I was intending to play with calendar; it installs, but it breaks when attempting to add an event. So I'm guessing no one is using it. I may go in and fix some of the bugs for my site, but I don't think it's being used in general.