Forum OpenACS Q&A: job: Boston hedge fund programmer
This Boston group is responsible for both development and production deployment of financial models, using e.g. Unix, Oracle, R/S-Plus, OpenACS, Tcl, C, etc.
The right person for this job should:
- Be located in the Boston area. Weekly meetings are in Weston, MA, but otherwise you'll work from home.
- Have a strong database background. ACS/OpenACS experience a big plus.
- Be self-starting, flexible, and easy to work with.
- Upgrade and maintain OpenACS based intranet, custom functionality, use of general purpose OpenACS packages, and combinations leveraging the two.
- Extend and improve financial data warehouse using Oracle.
- Maintain and extend custom data collection tools in Tcl and C.
- Build c. 500 GB warehouse of NYSE tick data.
- Evaluate PostgreSQL for specifc uses, investigating features such as Oracle-style point-in-time recovery using the write-ahead log, user-defined aggregates, SQL3 temporal query support, and embedding the R statistical language.
- Learn R, S-Plus and gradually become more involved in creating financial models and strategies.
Specific tasks and schedules are discussed, defined, and set at the weekly meetings, but some of the things you might likely work on are:
If you're a good fit for this, please contact me! Send a resume (or a link to an online resume) to me, I'll forward it to the appropriate person, who'll get in touch with you. Thanks!