Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: dotLRN Configuration error ?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
Here is one more pointer to trace this: when you've reinstalled, if there are still no terms showing up, look at the dotlrn_terms table directly in psql. See what's in there.
Collapse
Posted by Venugopal Maddukuri on
OK , I reinstalled and it works now on the dorlrn-1-0/oacs-4-6, though there are other errors.

Ben, you were right about the dates mismatch.
I rechecked the previous install and the term dates were entered as 01 September 0002  to 01 January 0003.

The problem was that the year field is not a drop down, and I was typing only the last 2 digits of the year.

I think we will see more stupid users like me in the future.
Its better to fix it in the User Interface. Either a validation or explicitly ask for a four digit year via drop down.
-----

Now, for the newer problems :)
dotlrn-1-0/oacs-4-6/postgresql-7-3/aolserver-3-4-2

0. There is no acs-notifications package in the oacs-4-6-core. The dotlrn installation asks for this package, however, I have not noticed any problem yet without it.

1. While installing the packages via APM, there is a dependency for acs-events >=0.1d ( don't remember the exact number) in the Calander pacakage
Solution: I installed all other packages, restarted aolserver and force installed the calander. Then restarted aolserver again and installed the remaining packages.

2. Unsolved Error:
On login as a Professor, under the FAQ box, I get the following error.

***portal::render_element show callback Error! ***
Database operation "select" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

The same error occurs on clicking the 'Control Panel' link from the 'Class Home'

File Storage and Calander - main pages display without errors.

cherio
venu