Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Error: Unable to source /web/service0/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/packages-install.tcl: file does not exist.

Hi Ratnakar,

Installing on Postgres 8.1+ requires a few extra steps, mentioned here:

https://openacs.org/xowiki/How_to_install_in_Postgres_8%2ex

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Finally it worked !!!

There was an error with while configuring Postgres 8.2.1 first time & I foolishly ignored that.
This time I chose Postgres 8.1.4 and it worked like anything.

Thanks a lot for the help !!!

Ratnakar

I have done the above steps for my install of Postgres, but still get the same error.

PG: 8.2.4 ACS: 5.2.3

PL/pgSQL function "inline_2" line 54 at perform

invoked from within
"db_source_sql_file -callback apm_ns_write_callback acs-kernel-create.sql"
(procedure "install_do_data_model_install" line 7)
invoked from within
"install_do_data_model_install"
invoked from within
"if { ![install_good_data_model_p] } {
install_do_data_model_install
} else {
ns_write "Kernel data model already installed."
# If kernel i..."
(file "/var/lib/aolserver/aolacs/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install.tcl" line 37)
invoked from within
"source $__file "
[28/May/2007:22:46:00][12816.3068345248][-conn:0-] Notice: exiting: timeout waiting for connection

I'm also still getting the exact same error as Kurt after changing the compatibility flags.

Postgresql 8.2.14, AOLserver 4.5, ACS 5.3.2.

After much toil and several attempts at clean re-installs, I'm thinking about throwing in the towel with this combo and trying older packages.

I'm new to linux/openACS, so would rather spend my time learning the OpenACS features at this point. Any suggestions on whether this is going to be a simple fix, or a particular combo that works? It seems someone had luck with PG 8.1.4. How about you, Kurt?

Rick

Success! Never mind my last post ... I did get everything to work with PG 8.1.8. I think that my earlier troubles may have been due to typo in my install.tcl file which I discovered, and not a compatibility issues after all.

Rick