Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Calendar Wishlist

Collapse
5: Re: Calendar Wishlist (response to 2)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
So, you are saying that you want to have calendar module just displaying dates and that the dates are stored in each single application? So we are not talking about calender module entries anymore but dates in third applications ?

Not talking technical implementation here, a calendar (not calendar module) for me is a placeholder for events, dates, entries. This can be the birthday of my mother, the deadline of the project and the duration of a conference (with start and end time).

I need one interface for the UI and one place to store the data in a consistent manner.

I need support for multiple calendars (private, public, business, child 1, project related) and I need the UI to be able to display them all at once.

Also note that I use calendar in the meaning of "Outlook calendar", not necessarily the calendar module. So if events et. al. are storing the data, how do we generate the meta calendar (e.g calendar of child1, project calendar that might have dates of an event as well). Would you link the calendar to the object? So the childs calendar would be all calendar entries linked to the child, project calendar would be all the entries linked to the project and so on ?