Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Google Summer of Code

Collapse
2: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Sounds excellent. Can you stop by the OCT meeting on Wedneday at 1700UTC?
Collapse
3: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 2)
Posted by Matthew Burke on
Unfortunately, not. I'll be in a meeting all day on Wednesday.

One thing to mention before you guys discuss at the meeting: if it would be advantageous to do so, I can apply with the sponsoring organization being St. Mary's College. It's not entirely clear to me after reading through Google's FAQ how "real" an organization has to be to be a sponsor. It's something I was planning on emailing them about.

Matt

Collapse
4: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 3)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
The .LRN Consortium can be the sponsoring organization, I believe. I'll mention it at the .LRN meeting and OCT meetings. Thanks!

Tuesday 17:00 is .LRN meeting and Wednesday 17:00 is the OCT meeting. If you can make either one that would be great. Alternatively, if you can come at a different time, we can try to arrange a specific meeting.

Collapse
5: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 3)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
On the off chance we don't get in, I see the Squeak community organzied their own summer program. We could do the same thing if we find students interested in participating as long as we have people willing to mentor students, and someone to organize it.
Collapse
6: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 4)
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
What are the pros and cons of having St. Mary's sponsor vs dotLRN Consortium.

dotLRN Consortium is happy to sponsor but I would think that having a college sponsor would be more prestigious? Does co-sponsorship make sense?

You don't have to goto a meeting to get dotLRN Consortium sponsorship, just email me directly and I will work it.

Thanks for doing this!

Collapse
7: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 6)
Posted by Matthew Burke on
I can make the OTC meeting on Wednesday -- and it might be worth doing just so we can talk.

I don't know if there are any pros/cons to having one or the other group sponsor.

Matt