Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Liferay integration

Collapse
5: Re: Liferay integration (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
For exporting data I have been leaning towards XML results to a query. Mainly in regards to search, but if you have search syndication turned on you can get XML for any searchable object by quering the syndication table.

I think this is overall a better solution. Right now we use HTTP authentication over SSL for this to secure the data.

Collapse
6: Re: Liferay integration (response to 5)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Exporting data via a search syndication is probably a good thing in most szenarios (do we have something written up on that topic?), but for our use case we have two constraints:

a) Data exchange has to happen via webservices (I suggested using the Basecamp API for data exchange with the Project Manager, which was flat out denied).

b) We use a different Java based system for portlet display.

In an ideal world, I would just write Liferay portlets that query data using XML as you describe or the webservices and display the content. But... I have no intention to rewrite all the includes in project-manager, contacts, forums, file-storage, invoices and some selected ones in acs-subsite into liferay.

In the long run we are going to use the CAS server for authentication, so we can be sure the user is logged in (and auth::require_permission works). But that is a different topic.

Collapse
7: Re: Liferay integration (response to 5)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
One afterthought (displaying probably my ignorance of this matter), if you are using search syndication to get XML for any searchable object, it should be easy to make a generic webservice out of it ?