Forum .LRN Q&A: parameter::get doesn't have a -localize switch

I just did a fresh install of dotlrn, and I get the following error:

[08/Nov/2002:12:30:33][29806.23][-conn0-] Error: GET http://localhost:8000/dotlrn/admin/?
referred by ""
Invalid switch: "-localize"
    while executing
"get__arg_parser"
    (procedure "parameter::get" line 1)
    invoked from within
"parameter::get -localize -parameter dotlrn_admin_pretty_name"
    invoked from within
"set admin_pretty_name [parameter::get -localize -parameter dotlrn_admin_pretty_name]"
    ("uplevel" body line 25)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {

Looking in parameter-procs.tcl I see that parameter get does indeed not have a -localize switch. Where is the new version of parameter::get with the localize switch? I used the head of the 4.6 branch for installation, and I've also checked on the main branch, and I cannot locate the new proc.

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Dan,
sorry for the late reply, my forum notifications aren't working for some reason... You have probably resolved this problem yourself by now. You need to be on the dotlrn-1-0 branch and the oacs-4-6 branch to avoid any I18N code.
Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Thanks Peter.  I followed the install directions from http://dotlrn.openforce.net/dotlrn/doc/dotlrn-install, and I forgot about having to checkout from the dotlrn-1-0 branch.
Collapse
Posted by tool who on
can you guys please explain in more detail, i seem to be having the same problem. But i do not understand how to accomplish this. Thanks
Collapse
Posted by tool who on
hi, i've followed the dotLRN installation docs to the best of my knowledge, but i still get the -localize "invalid switch" when i try to access certain pages. I have no idea what i am doing wrong and would appreciate some clarification. Thank you
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Please make sure you are checking out from cvs HEAD. What do the following commands return?

cvs status -v acs-tcl/tcl/parameter-procs.tcl
grep localize acs-tcl/tcl/parameter-procs.tcl

You should have the localize switch in the procedure defifinition for parameter::get in that file.

If you want I18N and the latest stage of development, make sure to never use any -r switch in the cvs commands in the installation instructions.