Forum OpenACS Development: Memcached TCL API

Collapse
Posted by Hossein Sharifi on
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Memcached TCL API that Harish Krishnan wrote? There was a copy at 209.162.194.125/storage/index?folder_id=73696, but that server seems to be down. I've searched Google with no success.

Also, has anyone used this API enough to comment on its performance/stability?

Thanks
Hossein

Collapse
2: Re: Memcached TCL API (response to 1)
Posted by Vlad Seryakov on
You may try this module, should compile fine under Aolserver as well.

http://naviserver.cvs.sourceforge.net/naviserver/modules/nsmemcache/

Collapse
3: Re: Memcached TCL API (response to 2)
Thanks Vlad.

I tried using this, but there are undefined symbols: Ns_SockWriteV and Ns_SockWrite. And strangely enough, I can't find these functions defined even in the Naviserver source, so I doubt it's related to AOLServer. Are these helper functions that reside in another file/module?

nsmemcache.c:586: warning: implicit declaration of function `Ns_SockWriteV`
nsmemcache.c: In function `mc_get`:
nsmemcache.c:637: warning: implicit declaration of function `Ns_SockWrite`

Collapse
4: Re: Memcached TCL API (response to 3)
Actually, I found those functions in the NaviServer CVS and imported them to AOLServer, but I still can't get the module to work. It hangs indefinitely on any call... I'll keep working on it though.
Collapse
6: Re: Memcached TCL API (response to 4)
Posted by Vlad Seryakov on
Right, i forgot, Naviserver's socket functions may differ in behavior from Aolserver's ones. You may copy them all from CVS sock.c into the module and see if it will work. Then decide what can be kept and what reused.
Collapse
5: Re: Memcached TCL API (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Hossein, I think I have a copy of Harish Krishnan's Aug. 2005 "preliminary version". I've placed it here on my personal website. However, it's less than 200 lines, and at first glance looks totally unfinished.