Forum OpenACS Q&A: Room reservation system & eveander.com

I'm on a quest for the Arsdigita room reservation system (mentioned in https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=17598)
The version I have is an ACS 3.4 version that is dependent on some of the intranet datamodel (im_facility table)  and I haven't found that yet for OpenACS 4.
Any suggestions? Any better versions around? The basic idea was set out in the Bootcamp PS2, so I'd expect at least a few working ACS 4.x examples around.

It also appeared that there might be something in the Eve Andersson  Arsdigita archives.
But eveander.com seems to be shut down, although the Google archive page is still around.

Thanks in advance

Collapse
Posted by Deds Castillo on
Lachlan,

I have a rough port for 4.x.  I did it for one client, and I'm still awaiting feedback from them so that I can adjust it to their liking.  It's generic enough to be used elsewhere.  I can send you an apm if you and you can see if it can takes care of what you need.

Collapse
Posted by Lachlan Myers on
That would be wonderful - thanks for your generous offer.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Deds - a lot of people would like to have this package.  Once we get our download repository scheme put together (after releasing 4.6) it would be great to get this added to our standard suite of stuff folks can download.
Collapse
Don,

That's good. If I can find enough idle time, I'll dust it off and submit it for peer review in the coming days.

Collapse
Deds,
    OK - thanks. I have it up and running. Looks good so far.

I noticed a couple of interesting features added to this is Jerry Asher's solutions to the PS2 (http://problemsets.hollyjerry.org/ps2)

Specifically
1. the extension of the model into a more general resource booking system / ability to include resources such as AV equipment
2. The ability to charge for the booking.

Collapse
Posted by Ciaran De Buitlear on
We've done a system that might be of interest to anyone that's interested in thread:
A complex web-based booking system for a UK-based indoor ski slope. The main features of this system are:
  • Scheduling of different types of activities on different slopes with a complex pricing and discounts structure.
  • Front desk and Telephone bookings for customers with intelligent activity searching and real-time views of slope activity (live).
  • Rolling booking times of 15 minute intervals which relate to 5 minute timeslots on the database for future flexibility.
  • Web-based booking for customers (to go live soon)
  • Issuing of slope passes.
  • High performance and failover redundancy.
  • Credit card payments using EPDQ.

The system is built on an Oracle 8.1.7 database running on Red Hat Linux 7.3. We used OpenACS 4.5 as our toolkit and extended the user maintenance plus the customisations mentioned above.

If you want to know more about any of this please give me a shout.
  • Collapse
    Posted by Samuel Feterman on
    Deds,

We are interested in the classifieds package for oacs 4.x that you mentioned have been working on. Could you please send us a link to download it?

Thank you in advance,

Sam

Collapse
    Posted by Roberto Mello on
    Samuel,

I have a copy of Deds' classified-ads package and I have been working on it.

It need some work to be in a usable state, but I'm getting there.

I'll be importing the package into CVS tomorrow (have Deds' and Paul's ok on that), and you'll be able to grab it from there. Perhaps we could split work on it.

-Roberto

Collapse
    Posted by Denis Khitrov on
    Hi Roberto!

I'm trying to build Meeting Scheduler over Calendar package. I'm very interested in Room reservation package for 4.6 version.

As I underestand from the forum you are working on it. Have you any progress?

I've tried to port old version of RR myself, but found many dead realation to the tables that do not present in 4.6. All that things confused me and I stoped affords.

Any help is very appretiated.

Collapse
    Deds, Roberto,

Did an updated version of room reservation ever get uploaded to CVS? Or am I looking in the wrong place (CVS contrib/)?
    Collapse
    Lachlan,

I never uploaded an updated room reservation system.  I'm afraid that the one I have is still the same as the one I sent you months ago.  If you have done a lot of work on improving it, then maybe you can have it uploaded to contrib.

Collapse
    Posted by Caroline Meeks on
    Has anyone done any work on room reservations recently?

Thanks
    Caroline