Forum OpenACS Development: Debian to hold "bug squash party" for its packaging of postgres-7.2.3

Oliver Elphick has announced that he has uploaded his third packaging of postgres-7.2.3, and wants to hold a bug-squash party for it. As I understand it, this entails a short period of time (perhaps a week or weekend) during which the package is put through its paces (install, remove, purge, upgrade, use) and problems found and fixed.

I thought it might be nice for openacs developers to participate, and so invite people to post here for (at least initial) coordination.

You can see the announcement message.

-Jim

Oliver Elphick (debian package maint for postgres) has just announced he's uploaded pg-7.3 .debs to the experimental section of the debian archives. He's asking for commentary.

I can't find the message in the archive, but I do have the message IDs, which should be searchable.

Message-Id: <mailto:1038349310.13298.18.camel@linda.lfix.co.uk>
Resent-Message-ID: <O6Yu5D.A.HlC.TQ_49@murphy>

PostgreSQL 7.3 is expected to be released tomorrow, and Debian packages for unstable will follow shortly after.

I uploaded 7.3rc2-1 to experimental today; these packages can also be found at

http://people.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql

I also uploaded pgaccess, which is newly separated into its own source package.

If anyone has tried these packages and has any comments, please let me know very soon.

--
Oliver Elphick <mailto:olly@lfix.co.uk>
LFIX Limited