Forum OpenACS Q&A: 4.6 release?

Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
I haven't heard much on the upcoming 4.6 release lately... What is the bottleneck?

Testing? It would be great to have a brand new version of 4.6b on the hub.org server and tell people what still has to be tested. This way I am sure that I don't encouter bugs that have already been fixed. Let's get the ball rolling again.

Bug Fixes? General overhaul? Database design? Everything together?

Collapse
2: Re: 4.6 release? (response to 1)
Posted by Simon at TCB on
Hi David,

Yes, the bottleneck is testing, or at least the results of it. There are a few problems with one or two pretty important packages and it was felt a 4.6 release that contained those would be counter-productive.

The good news is that plenty of work is going into getting them fixed, so hopefully we're not far off beta.

When that beta is ready, we will put up another installation at hub.org and ask previous testers (and anyone else) to use these to assess the beta for us, confirm bugs are fixed and then move to a release.

I recall someone offered Oracle space a while ago for dotLRN. But (once again) I appear to forgotten who :o) (good weed though ;o)

Anyway, we coul really use an Oracle installation, like the hub ones, to test the beta on. Any offers please let either Me, Stan Kaufmann or Ben Koot know (or all of us), and we'll get to setting it up.

Collapse
3: Re: 4.6 release? (response to 1)
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Another bottleneck was Don getting sick.  He's better now, but still slogging through his backlog of work and I don't have a clear idea when the release might be forthcoming, so I've left it vague rather than give a guesstimate I don't know that we can meet.

Faster, Don, faster! Mush!!  :))))

Collapse
4: Re: 4.6 release? (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Yeah, I was out of it for about 8 days and I'm still trying to catch up after having fallen so far behind things.  We've got some bugs we want to fix and a few of us have been slogging through things.  I'm hoping we can release sometime next week.