Forum OpenACS Q&A: Any OpenACS consultants in Miami, Florida?

I'm about 2/3 of the way through an OpenACS project for a consortium of educational institutions, and we're about to start rolling it out to the consortium members.

One of the institutions is based in Miami, Florida, and I've been asked to find out if there are any OpenACS consultants in Miami who can help them learn the ropes.

Now *I* know that there isn't much to learn, and that it's mostly custom applications that other OpenACS consultants aren't familiar with, and that I've been working with people by phone and e-mail for years, and that Fred Brooks was right when he said that adding people to a late software project only makes it later.  But my employee's wife gave birth two weeks ago, and my wife was due last week, so the client is a bit more nervous than usual.

The bottom line is that if there's anyone in Miami looking for a small gig, please contact me privately, and I'll see what I can do.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Does "anyone in Miami" exclude staying in a hotel? At least I wouldn't mind leaving the -6 degrees Celsius we have here and go someplace warm to work :).
Collapse
Posted by Reuven Lerner on
I really don't know how much money these organizations are willing to pay for consulting; my guess is that they would need about 4-5 hours of hand-holding in person, with another 4-5 hours that could be delivered over the telephone.  I'm more than happy to collect all of the names of interested parties, so that I can present them to the client in a few days. If they're willing to fly people in, then it's OK with me also.

As for weather, Modi'in (Israel) is now an oh-so-chilly 15 degrees Celsius at 1:30 a.m.  It's so cold that I had to put a sweatshirt on over my T shirt!