Forum OpenACS Q&A: AOLserver CVS nspostgres Driver.

Collapse
Posted by Lamar Owen on
As of just a few minutes ago, I tested Scott's refactoring of the current openacs cvs PostgreSQL driver.  Many thanks to Scott for moving things around.

The current CVS copy of nspostgres at AOLserver SourceForge CVS is completely up-to-date (it's based on the OpenACS.org cvs copy) and should be considered the latest copy of this code.  Don continues to have commit privileges there; I do as well.  I'm not trying to replace Don; he is somewhat irreplaceable.  I am, however, going to try to help Don keep the nspostgres AOLserver Official Module (TM) up-to-date with what the OpenACS community needs.

The current CVS copy of the nspostgres driver works perfectly well on my CVS-current OpenACS testbed installation, using the AOLserver-3.4.2-oacs1 core.

To make this driver for OpenACS use, you will need to use the following commands:

make POSTGRES=/path/to/postgres/files ACS=1
make install POSTGRES=/path/to/postgres/files INST=/path/to/aolserver/home

If you set POSTGRES=LSB it will use the settings for the Red Hat RPMs. LSB=Linux Standards Base.

See the new Makefile, which Scott has really whipped into shape, for more details.

Of course, the driver is now named 'nspostgres' not 'postgres' -- edit your tcl configs accordingly.  With the proper edits OpenACS will install and run just fine using nspostgres as the driver name.

Don, I look forward to your comments on this matter.

Expect an official release and an updating of the content on the aolserver download page shortly.

Until then, a CVS checkout of the latest version of nspostgres from AOLserver CVS is the latest version available.

Now, when the file release happens on the AOLserver SourceForge download page, can we sync the OpenACS.org download page to that version?  Don?