Forum OpenACS Q&A: "A technical paper on Java" no longer available?

I searched the forum for Ben's paper and the thread is still there, but the paper is no longer available.

If there is some reason for removing what seemed to me a very interesting paper could someone send me a copy privately?

Claudio

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
The draft paper apparently was not brought over to the new website.  I don't know if this was by intention or mistake, but you can still read it at:

http://sdm.openacs.org/philosophy/openacs-and-java

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
My mistake. I think I was distracted by the fact that it is highlighted with "DRAFT - DO NOT DISTRIBUTE - DO NOT LINK" ... But I figure if it was published on the old site it should definitely stay with us on our new site.

However when I tried to add it as an etp page under /philosophy/ just a moment ago I got a server error while trying to make the changes live:

Database operation "dml" failed

ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index cr_items_by_live_revision

SQL:
update cr_items
set live_revision = '67734'
where live_revision = NULL
Anyone know what could be amiss?
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Ola,

That is fixed.

A small error on my part trying to fix the searchability of ETP items.

Please try again.

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
Thanks Dave,

When I submit Page Name/Title the next page says 'Attributes for page ""', that is, the title is missing.

This time I get this error when I commit:

Request Error

undefined variable `live_revision'
    while executing
"ns_pg_bind dml nsdb0 {
update cr_items
set live_revision = :latest_revision_id
where live_revision = :live_revision
}"

P.S. Feel free to make any number of test pages you like, I will remove them manually with content_item__delete() along with my test items when we get done.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Ok,

I really fixed it this time. And I fixed it so the title carries over.

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
Great!

The Document is now available here: https://openacs.org/philosophy/openacs-and-java ...

BTW, I took the liberty to grant Ben SWA so he may edit his document if he pleases.