Forum OpenACS Development: APM enhancement: Install dependencies as well

I've long been annoyed that the APM can tell me which packages are required, but it wasn't smart enough to just grab those packages and install them for me.

Well, now it is. If you pick a package to install, and that package requires yet other packages, the APM will now try to find out which packages provide what's needed, and add those to the list of packages to install.

Hope this works well for everybody. Checked in to HEAD.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Yeah, sounds good to me.
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Hi Lars, I just tried to do a fresh install from CVS HEAD on PG 7.2.3 and got an error. The initial datamodel was loaded, but it errored out during the 'Loading Package .info files" As each package .info file was loaded, an error showed up in the log:
[02/Jan/2003:23:47:26][23264.65541][-conn1-] Debug: /home/vinod/web/openacs-4/packages/acs-admin/acs-admin.info could not be parsed correctly.  It is not being installed.
        The error: can't read "pkg_info_all": no such variable 
This happens for each package. Then the final error is:
[03/Jan/2003:00:29:32][23264.65541][-conn1-] Error: Error sourcing /home/vinod/web/openacs-4/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install-data-model.tcl:
can't read "install_error(acs-admin)": no such variable                         
    while executing                                                             
"pkg_info_new [pkg_info_key $pkg_info] [pkg_info_spec $pkg_info]  [pkg_info_provides $pkg_info] [pkg_info_requires $pkg_info]  "f" $install_error([pkg_..."
    (procedure "apm_dependency_check" line 128)                                 
    invoked from within                                                         
"apm_dependency_check -initial_install [apm_scan_packages -new [file join [acs_root_dir] packages]]"
    (file "/home/vinod/web/openacs-4/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install-data-model.tcl" line 68)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Oops, Doh!

Fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Thanks Lars,

Works perfectly now!

Vinod