Forum .LRN Q&A: Problem when I am compiling the module NSXML for aolserver 3.4.2

Hi,
I am trying to install dotLNR then I need to compile the module nsxml for aolserver 3.4.2. I found this module in address http://sourceforge.net/projects/aolserver. But, I am trying to compile this module then they appeared to me the following errors:

[arsinfor@ricola nsxml-1.5]$ make all

gcc -I/include/libxml2 -I../aolserver-3.4.2//include -D_REENTRANT=1 -DNDEBUG=1 -g -fPIC -Wall
-Wno-unused -mcpu=i686 -DHAVE_CMMSG=1 -DUSE_FIONREAD=1
-DHAVE_COND_EINTR=1  -c -o nsxml.o nsxml.c
nsxml.c:In function `xml_doc_command':
nsxml.c:1422: warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc'
nsxml.c:In function `xml_node_command':
nsxml.c:1526:warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlXPathCastBooleanToString'
nsxml.c:1527:warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlXpathCastNumberToString'
nsxml.c:1528:warning: implicit declaration of function `xmlXPathCastToString'
nsxml.c:1552:structure has no member named `children'
nsxml.c:1899:warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlUnsetProp'
nsxml.c:2043:warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlNodeDump'
nsxml.c:In function `Ns_ModuleInit':
nsxml.c:2223:warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlMemSetup'
nsxml.c:2223:`XmlFreeFunc' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsxml.c:2223:(Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nsxlm.c:2223:for each function it appears in.)
nsxml.c:2223:parse error before `ns_free'
nsxml.c:2232:warning:implicit declaration of function `xmlInitParser'
make:***[nsxml.o] Error 1

I looked  at the nsxml.c but I don't found the cause of the error.
Can someone help me?
Thank you.

OpenACS and dotLRN currently recommend a customized version of AOLserver that is available here: http://uptime.openacs.org/aolserver-openacs/  The OpenACS version has some bugfixes and features, in particular, better support for internationalization.  We're working on having these features added to the standard AOLserver distribution.

The version of nsxml that you found on SourceForge is newer than the version in the OpenACS distribution - I'm not certain if it has been tested with OpenACS yet.

belated reply since I ran into the same problem on a new install -- these "implicit declaration" warnings mean you don't have libxml2 installed.