Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Any plans for a 4.6 announcement?
The spiffy new Static Pages 4.3 package, released in concert with OpenACS 4.6, has the following improvments from the version released with OpenACS 4.5:
- Multiple static-pages package instances are now allowed - the package is no longer a singleton.
- Added support for non-HTML MIME types, and now properly notes the MIME type in the the Content Repository. Tested (only) with HTML and PDF.
- Added mutex locking, no more errors if by accident you run more than one sp_sync_cr_with_filesystem job at once.
- Fixed sp_sync_cr_with_filesystem process so that the sync will properly continue after hitting an error on a single file, rather than terminating abruptly.
- Added proc sp_sync_cr_with_filesystem_scheduled, which can be scheduled to run nightly.
- Misc. bug fixes, code cleanup, and maintenance. (E.g., moved PL/SQL and pg/plsql functions and package bodies and headers into separate files, to make upgrade scripts simpler to write.)
- Full upgrade scripts from OpenACS 4.5 Static Pages release.