Forum OpenACS Development: Re: ETP and acs-subsite content folders

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I think we have a misunderstanding.

ETP has a package instance mounted for each site node under which you would like to manage content.

Except at / or any other subsite root folder, where the acs-subsite package is already mounted. There what we do is use and index.vuh to grab the package_id of the acs-subsite, and look in cr_folders to see which folder has that package_id assigned to it.

This works for the main subsite because a cr_folder is assigned to that package_id. When a new subsite package is mounted, no cr_folder is created with the subsite package_id.

I manually created the cr_folders and set cr_folders.package_id to the acs-subsite package_id for the subsites I created at openacs.org for the OpenACS and dotLRN projects. This works, but it obviously not the best way to do that. I wanted a way to automate this, and was wondering if the additional subsites should be setup like the main subsite by the acs-subsite package or if ETP should handle it.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
ok. I tracked down this problem. ETP is smart enought to create a folder on the package where you are trying to use it. What causes an error is if the directory that is the parent of the acs-subsite package does not have a cr_folder assigned to it.

Right now, ETP tries to get the cr_folder of the parent package and assign that as the parent of the new folder it creates.

So now my question is, should the cr_fodler hierarchy match the site-node hierarchy? Is it ok is an acs-subsite content folder in a subdirectory does not have a parent folder?