Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Service contract Tcl API

Posted by Tilmann Singer on
A few unordered remarks:

Personally I don't mind lots of backslashes after I got used to them in the formbuilder (I remember Jerry even mentioning an emacs trick to get them automatically but I never found out exactly), but I don't have anything against the second form either, except for the fact that you can't insert tcl comments. I wonder if it would be possible to get Dan's hack into this, but it's definitely a minor issue.

How would an implementation of a service contract look like? What about an extension to ad_form, so that I can simply write it like this:

ad_proc -public -implements workflow::sc::role_default_assignee::GetPrettyName my_pretty_name_proc {
    return $result

Furthermore I think making at least -inputspec the same format as the args list of ad_proc would make it clearer:

GetAssignees {
        operation_desc "Get the assignees as a Tcl list of party_ids, of the default assignees for this case, object, role"
        inputspec {case_id:integer
        outputspec {party_ids:integer,multiple}
        nargs 3
        iscachable_p "f"

No reason not to do the same for outputspec actually.

It's great that you are picking this up, thanks! This will make service contracts much more feasible to understand and write.