Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Implementing SCORM 1.3 in OpenACS/dotLRN

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Hi Ernie,

Thank you very much for posting. It's a very exciting project. We have talked some outside of the forum but I want to summarize what I am doing for everyone here.

The OCW work I am about start is a small subset of such a project. Basically we are taking content from a class on Sloan and exporting it into a IMS Content Packaging based XML format that will be read by OCW's content management tool. OCW will then edit, format, check intellectual property rights, etc and eventually publish a static html version of the content to their web site. Because the destination is static, non-interactive, html much of the complexity and context of the content in dotLRN will not need to be exported.

It's obviously a much simpler project and will be completed in approximately 2 months.

I hope to collaborate with Ernie and Sussdorff-Roy on the underlying utilities and methodology so that my work will fit in with the overall solution they are working towards.

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Caroline,

Yeah, it will be great if we can help each other out with it.

Since we will be dealing with large XML docs we decided to use tDOM instead of ns_xml (Thanks Bart for your help to set that up).

If you are using a subset of IMS content packaging, we for sure are in the same path. This week we are finishing the datamodel, and then start working on the export/import function. So we estimate some heavy work on it by next week (if everything goes according to plan).

If that the timeline sounds cool to you, well, sure. We can do some testing together if you want. Please let me know what you have in mind

I hope to collaborate with Eric and Sussdorff-Roy...

BTW: who's Eric? 😉

Take care,

Ernie