Forum OpenACS Q&A: openacs site suggestion

Collapse
Posted by Kevin Murphy on
Would it be a good idea to add a touch of user-specific customization to the front page and to the user home page in the form of a summary of a user's activity, possibly including recent forum posts and a link to a full accounting of the user's activity?

I think it would be a nice if modest illustration of the toolkit's abilities.

What is the pipeline for the implementation of suggestions like this?  On this subject, maybe the simple webmaster link at the bottom of pages could be replaced with a link to a suggestions page that would address this issue.

I just had cause to want to look up one of my previous forum posts, and from a user standpoint, I really wanted to be able to find my posts in a more direct way than searching the site for my name, locating a forum post, and clicking on my name.  Or is there a better way?

-Kevin Murphy

Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
To check your own posts, you can go to your workspace and click on the link "If you want to check what other users..." and on the following page you have the amount of posts, that is a hyperlink to the detail list of posts that you contributed to the site.

The best place, in my humble opinion, for suggestions, is what you just did, posting a question in the forums! :)

Cheers

/B

Collapse
Posted by Michael Bluett on
I like that idea, I'm always tempted to see if anyone has followed up my posts (not following the topics via email myself).