Forum OpenACS Q&A: Photo Album

Collapse
Posted by Tom Mizukami on
I'm getting this error when I try to upload a photo into an album.
couldn't execute "/usr/local/bin/identify": permission denied
    while executing
"exec [ad_parameter ImageMagickPath]/identify $filename"
    (procedure "pa_image_width_height" line 2)
    invoked from within
"pa_image_width_height $tmp_filename "base_width" "base_height""
    ("uplevel" body line 76)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {
    	  # /packages/photo-album/www/photo-add-2.tcl

ad_page_contract {
    adds a photo to an album

@author bags@arsdigita.com
    @cre..."
    (procedure "code::tcl::/home/tmizukami/web/openpharma/packages/photo-alb..." line 2)
    invoked from within
"code::tcl::$__adp_stub"
    invoked from within
"if { [file exists $__adp_stub.tcl] } {
I'm running on RH 7.3, OACS 4.6, and ImageMagick 5.5.4 was built from sources Thanks for any help
Collapse
2: Re: Photo Album (response to 1)
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Off the top of my head, I'd say either identify isn't in /usr/local/bin, in which case you need to change the ImageMagickPath package parameter, or your user doesn't have permission to run it in which case you need to fix it's permissions.

Post again if you need more explicit directions on how to do either of these things.

Only 6 minutes this time, by my clock! :)

Collapse
3: Re: Photo Album (response to 1)
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Ok, it was 6 minutes from when the message landed in my inbox, anyway. :)  I forgot that notifications sends things out in batches.
Collapse
4: Re: Photo Album (response to 1)
Posted by Tom Mizukami on
Thanks, stupid mistake.

The first time I tried photo album I did not have ImageMagick installed properly so I got a file or dirctory missing error so I made a directory named identify, which of course didn't help. Then when I installed IM it placed the identify application inside of the identify directory I had previously made. Anyway, it works now, thanks.

Collapse
5: Re: Photo Album (response to 1)
Posted by Robert Locke on
FYI, Jeff Davis has an improved Photo Album which can be downloaded from this page:

http://xarg.net/code/

It includes a slick clipboard functionality where any registered user can save their favorite pics and subsequently order prints online.  I believe it only runs on 4.6 and Postgres.

Collapse
6: Re: Photo Album (response to 5)
Posted by mark dalrymple on
I'm using Jeff's photo album.  It's nice.  I really like the bulk upload (zip file or tar file).  I don't know if the stock photo albums do that.
Collapse
7: Re: Photo Album (response to 6)
Posted by Robert Locke on
Yes, how could I forget about that?

It's a great feature that is NOT in the standard distribution I believe.