Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Context Problems

Collapse
2: Re: Context Problems (response to 1)
Posted by Jeff Davis on
It looks like $reference_name was already a list so you
dont need to put it in a list again.
so you would want [list $reference_name References] I think.
Collapse
3: Re: Context Problems (response to 2)
Posted by Roger To on
$reference_name is a multirow. This is slightly different from a list in structure but would it matter for use in context?

I've also removed the inner list and for some reason nothing appears where i've placed

<property name="context>@context@</property>

I've placed this line in a file that usees a master adp file. So what i have now at the beginning of this file is the following

<if @parent_id@ ne "">

<master src="master">
<property name="title">@title@</property>
<property name="context">@context@</property>

Is this method correct?

(Using <master src="master"> instead of <master> still works, though i haven't had the time to change it)

Collapse
4: Re: Context Problems (response to 3)
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
For experimentation you might want to start by trying to enter the value directly as text, like that:

<property name="context>Test</property>

I don't think you can pass multirows directly as the context property - as far as I know they are something different than a simple list. Maybe you want to use db_list_of_lists instead.

Also did you make sure that the parameter that switches the context bar on is set correctly? It's in acs-subsite I think, and some time ago it was set to 0 by default.

Collapse
5: Re: Context Problems (response to 4)
Posted by Roger To on
Thanks for the help!

I've got things paritally working.

Seems that i had two problems.

Firstly i was using an old master adp page that didn't conform with the new standards and secondly the input i had passed was a multirow rather than a list