Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Translating dotLRN on my own machine, synching with main tree.

Quick question...

I translated a couple hundred more messages today, on my own server. I'm curious to find out where they are going.

I thought the keys were entered in the lang_message_keys table, and the translation for the key in the .xml file under the catalog directory for the package.

However, I have some messages that I just don't know where they are. They are translated, I can see them as translated under the /acs-lang/admin/ interface, but no .xml file for pt_BR under catalog. I have identified this with the dotlrn-fs package, but I'm not sure if that's happenning with others.

Also, one of the messages has been translated (where to, I don't know) but on the portlet it's showing as untranslated. Why?

Thanks for helping me understand the process.

-Roberto

Roberto, you can export your translations to .xml files by visiting the package manager, then a package's info page, and  clicking the "Internationalization" link there.
Ahh, I see. Thanks Bjorn.

I did that to dotlrn-fs, and it indeed created the .xml file. However, after restarting the server, it still won't show the message.

I tried deleting all the message keys for that package in the lang_message_keys table, then restarting the server so it'd grab the new keys, but the key doesn't show up back in lang_message_keys.

Do I need to select "Import from the .xml file"?

-Roberto

P.S.: Is this documented somewhere so I can stop asking silly questions?