Forum OpenACS Q&A: Is E-shop without credit cards possible?

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to run shop without using credit cards/gateway? We would like to simply email the order?

regards,

nicolas boretos

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
Sure, but clearance via email also requires your bank account details, a wire transfer authorization, and your mothers maiden name. Just email me all the details and I will take care of the order. Oh, and I will also give you 30 percent (30%) of US 38.6 Million (Thirty Eight Million, Six Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars).
Collapse
Posted by Nicolas Boretos on
Hi,

Maybe I was not clear enough. Upon a customers submit, the email would be sent to the seller, who would contact the customer for order verification and payment details e.g. (telephone or pro-forma invoice via fax using whatever transaction method the seller is comfortable with).
I am sure there are parts of the world where credit cards are not as common as they might be in others.

sincerely,
nicolas boretos

Collapse
Posted by Gregor Obernosterer on
... we are building a not Credit Card payment method for the eCommerce shop. We will add a parameter in the eCommerce shop where you can choose then which fulfillment method should be used. We expect to release it within the next 2 weeks.

/Gregor

Collapse
Thanx Gregor,

This is great. Could you expand a bit on the payment methods you foresee?

regards,

nicolas

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Gregor - are you going through the payment gateway?  That's what I've been hoping for, a plug-in to the gateway that allows for e-mail of order details and manual authentication.

If you do it through the payment gateway then other packages besides e-commerce that use the gateway system will be able to use it ...

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Gregor,

I've modified the ecommerce package to do that by letting the customer choose which payment gateway to use.

How did you go about  doing it?

-Roberto

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Roberto - that's the right way to do it ...
Collapse
Roberto,

Is this functionality in the current release or in CVS?

regards,

nicolas

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Nicolas,

No, it's not. I started it, but then got sidetracked to other things (school) on the way to writing a PayPal payment gateway (that was the original motivation).

My changes only require modifications in some of the e-commerce checkout files, plus a couple extra procs on e-commerce and a couple extra "methods" on the payment gateway service contract.

I'll coordinate with Bart (the e-commerce maintainer) about getting those changes in to e-commerce.

-Roberto