Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Who wants to built .WRK?

Collapse
Posted by Jeroen van Dongen on
I'm in more or less the same situation as Erik (although I'm migrating away from a completely home-brew situation to oacs), and as such heavily interested in dotWrk.

Althoug I agree with Jade that it is most likely that things will speed up more and more with a growing code-base, I also think that the project needs what in the oacs community seems to be called a 'gatekeeper' - otherwise I see a risk that people start independent dotWrk-a-like things (I know I would), which distracts valuable mantime from dotWrk.

Is there already somebody (actively) assuming that role? If time is an issue - I can 'donate' time to the project, not a whole lot (say 8h/week) but on a fairly structural basis for the coming 3-4 months at least ('cause it has a strong relation with part of my daytime job).

IRL pulling large projects is a big chunk of what I do, so besides coding I can bring something to the table here in the area of planning/coordinating/pushing.

To summarize: I've time to offer to spend on dotWrk-a-like things. I can either spend it on a 'fork' or on 'the real thing'.

Rgds,
Jeroen

Collapse
Posted by Jeroen van Dongen on
From my previous post one may wonder whether or not I actually read the stuff around dotWrk - I did. And I saw the 'people' and 'todo' etc. However I didn't notice any real progress so far - so that's where my questions/remarks come from.

Correct me if I'm wrong.