Forum OpenACS Development: Re: dev.openacs.org, docs, etc.?

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
I perhaps let me irritation show through a bit too much in the severity of my adjectives... :) Of course, none of these problems are show stoppers, but they are well, irritating.

I do indeed volunteer to put some time into helping straighten things out; scratch your own itch and all that. However, looks like fixing anything on the unix box is going to take somebody with sudo, and I don't have that.

The sort of openacs.org project docs and notes I'm complaining about not having above should probably be linked to from the projects/openacs/developers/ page. But, how is that page edited and maintained? Is it an ADP page in CVS somewhere, or done with Edit This Page, or what? If someone tells me how to edit it and gives me the permissions to do so, I can see about adding some of the missing info. (Not in the next few days or anything, but definitely a bit here and there when I get a chance.)

What do you want to do about a Dev server? Do the relevent decision makers agree that a dev.openacs.org site would be a good thing? Or? The only major snafu I see would be worrying about whether or how to make the Dev database contents look like the Production site, etc.

I take it the old dev.openacs.org was just a one time thing to get the new 4.x website working, and was then discarded?