Forum OpenACS Development: Set the skins for the package

hi
how add the  set the parmeters to the package, when we are creating a package i am able to add set prameters but in that how to add the default master parameter so as to set the skin
please help out
thanking you
vamshi
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Vamshi,
you can specify the master template to use in the ACS Subsite instance that your package is mounted under (remember that the Main Site is also of type ACS Subsite). Visit /admin/site-map and click on the "set parameters" link for the subsite in question.
Collapse
Posted by Vamshi Krishna Kaniganti on
hi peter marklund
thanks for the reply
i don't want to set the template of the main site, and neither the way which is given in the /packages/skin demo , were ur package will be a sub site under the ACS subsite.
i am able to do it programatically like setting the <master src=/packages/skin/master/curly >
instead of that i want to create a new application and set the skins for that , how the ACS Subsite is setting it

thanks
bye
vamshi

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Vamshi,
I think you could use a master template for your package that all the pages use. In the package master adp file you would say :

<master src="@master_template_path@">

and in the corresponding tcl file:

set master_template_path [parameter::get -package_id [ad_conn package_id] -parameter MasterTemplate]

Collapse
Posted by Vamshi Krishna Kaniganti on
hi peter
thanks for the reply
i will try out this method

one more doubt i am having , the skins demo which is with the openACS,is not using any  " src=@master_template_path@" there we are setting only the parameter which will be the subsite of ACSSubsite how can they set it with out using the src
they r just setting it in the default-master parameter

using in the page like
<master>

cheers
vamshi