Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: aolserver 3.3+ad13 on MacOS X: startup failure

Collapse
Posted by mark dalrymple on
It's really picky about the stack size.  Try making it an exact multiple of 4K.  If that doesn't work, try an exact multiple of 8K (so that it is an integral number of memory pages)
Collapse
Posted by Tom Lazar on
hi mark,

thanks for the hint: after commenting out the stacksize directive in my nsd.tcl it worked! (weird thing was, though, it had been set to 500000, which *is* divisable by four and eight...)

anyway, this whole thing is beginning to drive me outright crazy: now it's the postgres driver that's acting up!

if i include

ns_param  postgres        ${bindir}/postgres.so  ;

in my nsd.tcl i get

[12/Apr/2003:00:17:51][788.-1610609172][-main-] Notice: modload: loading '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/postgres.so'
[12/Apr/2003:00:17:51][788.-1610609172][-main-] Fatal: modload: no such symbol '_ERR_get_error'

in my error log.

if i leave out the postgres-driver everything in the startup of aolserver goes fine, but then, of course, openacs won't run, since it can't access the db!

i'm running the 7.2.2 postgres binaries of marc liyanage, if that's any matter. macosx 10.2.4 / dec2002 devtools, etc. etc.

please help 😉

t.

p.s. this is all *your* fault, of course *g*... it was your excellent article at macedition that brought me to openacs in the first place, so there you go 😉