Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Request for open architecture and Streamingmedia?

That will be great Jan!
I did in the previous version of openacs 3.x an integration with Icecast (what is a audio streaming server), so I think you can make it work in some way successfully.
What are your plans?
What are you lookinf for?
Collapse
Posted by Jan BM Karlsson on
Hi! Can you tell us more about Icecast, i think i´ts intresting? What im looking for and neeed? We need production tools (client)their we can sync slides with streaming audio. Presentation over internet with slides and audio/video streaming is very common and needed. Streamingserver with webbpresentation, connective or/and integrated with dotLRN/Work. This content should index and puts in a database to the activity you will link to. Streamingfiles puts and store in the dir for activity on Streamingserver . Search engine from a streamingportal/webbsite at Streamingserver so you can search files, date,course, subject and author. Automatic publisher and automatic remove of files and archive. Seems like a small OPEN ACS project or integrate with now living tools? Regards Janne BM Karlsson