Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Confusing calendar behavior with recurring events.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
So issues in acs-events and calendar are

1) Oracle does not store timezone data
2) PostgreSQL stores timezone data, but the user can never set the timezone. It uses the system timezone of the operating system/PostgreSQL
3) Individually edited recurring events result in inconsistent behavior, the system is not coded to handle them in any way.
4) The system never displays the timezone, especially if its different than the currently displayed timezone.
5) You can't edit only future events in calendar ( I have code to fix this, the acs-events part is checked into CVS. The UI changes can go in anytime.)
6) recurring events across DST boundaries change time when they should not. (This is fixed for new installs as of 5.2, and upgrades from oacs-5-3 cvs acs-events package )

Anything else?

These are seperate but interconnected issues. Fixig one can change the behavior of the other issues in unexpected ways. We need to define what acs-events, and the calendar package are supposed to

I'll have to test some more example calendar packages. I checked, Google Calendar, for one, and editing a recurring event time resets the time for all instances of the event. Yahoo calendar behaves the same way. I don't have any other calendar software handy. If anyone can test on Outlook or Palm OS calendars, that would be useful.