Forum .LRN Q&A: dotlrn customize layout

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
I was browsing on my dotlrn system and I realised it was missing a good tool at the section

dotlrn -> community home -> administration -> customize layout

then, i created a new page. Instead of loading a portlet on the new page page such as calendar, news, etc. I just want to point the empty page to another part of my website. So, the new page will actually be a link that shows up on the community sub-nav bar.

it seems the links are passed through a parameter called "page_num", /dotlrn/clubs/ac/one-community?page_num=2

Since there's a query that calls the sub-nav bar and its menu, it becomes a bit dificult to figure a way out. I went to the file /packages/dotlrn/www/one-community.tcl

set rendered_page [dotlrn::render_page \
-hide_links_p t \
-page_num $page_num \
$portal_id
]

what takes me to api's.

dotlrn::portal::render -> portal::render

any ideas how to ammend the api to add the "page-link" option?

cheers,
iuri

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
I realised I was totaly lost on myt last post. :)

SO far, looking at the tcl file
conaje/packages/theme-selva/www/selva-lrn-master.tcl

set subnavbar selva::portal_subnavbar \
-user_id $user_id \
-link_control_panel $link_control_panel \
-control_panel_text $control_panel_text \
-pre_html "$extra_spaces" \
-post_html $extra_spaces \
-link_all $link_all

then at the API: selva::portal_subnavbar

http://72.249.38.150/api-doc/proc-view?proc=selva::portal_subnavbar&source_p=1&version_id=

** in the line set subnavbar "...

As my organization pkg is under dotlrn/clubs/$communityname/$communityname_orgs,
i need to create a form at the section "dotlrn customize layout", using the condition (if the page is empty make as a link to another place.
In order to pass the $communityname variable to the API generate the button, which is the link to the package.
Does anyopdy know an easier way?