Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Another 4.6.2 Bug

Collapse
25: Re: Another 4.6.2 Bug (response to 1)
Posted by Randy Ferrer on
PG 7.3.2 Compatibility Testing Final Results

I just completed testing of the full oacs distribution and these are my results. The following modules have problems:

1. address-book - Can't add a contact.
  2. CMS - Sitemap and templates links are not functioning
  3. Monitor - Statistics from top and Table analysis return db errors
  4. News - Can't create a news item.
  5. Ticket Tracker based on workflow package - Can't create a ticket.
  6. ACS-Workflow - Can't start any new case
  7. MP3-Jukebox - Followed the instructions faithfully and could not get any joy. Can't get into the admin functions since I get an error returned. Not sure what the problem is, I really did not look much further than that it was not working after I followed instructions...no time. But I would like to get this running...
  8. acs-person - Can't create a new person.

I included "obsolete" modules for completeness and in case anyone wants to add an "known issues" to the docs for those packages. acs-schema, general-comments, acs-messaging, static-pages, lars-blogger are all working correctly. I created my own little shop in ecommerce and it's working nicely. Core Kernel admin functions like creating groups etc. are also functioning correctly.

There are some things I could not test throughly so perhaps someone can pitch in here. Functions like notifications etc. seem to be ok. But my sendmail is really broken on that machine - I will be installing qmail over the weekend, but until I do, I can't very well test the functionalities that send out mail. More importantly, I think that the acs-subsite stuff that requires sending out mail should be tested by someone. It should not take more than 30 mins to do this. I also did not test Robot-Detection or the gateway stuff. The user-preference package looks like it has a lot of promise. The apm loaded it, but something seemed strange. No postgresql model... It still got loaded by apm when it should have been under the PG incompatible list.

Having gone through the modules in the past few days has given me a much better holistic view of oacs. I have TONS of ideas that I will organize and take a look at soon. Please let me know if anything else is required on the testing end. I'll (work load permitting) look into fixing some of these issues in the next few days. 😊)