Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Make openacs4.tcl the live AOLserver config file

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

I think yes we should create the additional dirs, we should definitely create etc and put the config file.  These things will make the install steps more simple.  Even just a little.  Also regarding the blank dirs.  I would suggest to put a README file on it.  Even one liner.  Like "This dir is used to put the service files of daemontools.  If you are not using deamontools you can safely delete this dir".

If anyone has a good shell script maybe we can put a simple shell script to start the aolserver instance.  It would be better if its easier and easier for a newbie to try OpenACS.  The tweaking and performance stuff will come when someone is already familiar with OpenACS.  To lower the barrier is always good.

Joel,

I am trying to catch up with OACS.  I recently glaced at your docs, its good.  I did however put a small twist on my install.  I put the OACS files in ~/web of the user that will run that instance.  Normally my old config in II was each user run once instance of OACS.  So I still adopted something similar but basically your layout.  But the files are in the users home dir.  I think its not LSB, oh well.