Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: organize openacs.org!

Collapse
12: Re: organize openacs.org! (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
I'm always in favor of writing stuff down, and there's a lot of stuff going on that I don't expect Mike to deal with once the basic infrastructure's set up in a more reasonable manner.

For instance the openacs.org site itself.  One thing I'd like to see happen very soon is that the code on the site and the cvs copy be synch'd because last I heard they're out of whack.  People have hacked files in place, or so I've heard.

Other things I don't expect Mike/Janine to handle are things like maintaining the access control lists for CVS commit rights.  It would be nice to have stuff like that written down.

And basic stuff regarding starting/stopping services on the box, as I hope Mike continues to take vacations and I would hope that Janine might at times join him.

But, Andrew, Mike's diagnostic of this box is accurate.  It's never really been professionally sysadmin'd.  I never saw any evidence that TechSquare did much of anything to the box.  Roberto, myself, Ben and a few others have taken turns  mucking with it in our spare time.