Forum OpenACS Development: OpenACS 4.6.3 release management checklist

(this list is slightly biased towards documentation tasks)

Done

• Docs updated to 4.6.3 in oacs-4-6 branch (includes updating version string in index.xml, updating version in url for comments in openacs.xsl, regenerating, checkin)
Pending
  • packages/acs-core-docs/www/release-notes.html updated in cvs
  • Docs added to openacs.org/doc/openacs-4-6-3
  • Docs added to static pages so comment links appear (should generate a special set of docs minus the "see comments at openacs.org site" which is redundant for the actual openacs.org pages, but I see that as a task for future generations, who will also come up with a better system than general comments for supporting dynamic reader participation in the documents)
Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Just what is the status of and plans for the 4.6.3 bugfix release? I've heard that it's planned, other than the above, that's all I know. When is the planned 4.6.3 release date, what still needs to happen before then, etc.?

FYI, nothing is tagged 4-6-3 in CVS yet, and there's only one 'fixed in 4.6.3' bug on Bug Tracker, but I suspect a lot more work than that might indicate has already been done for 4.6.3. In fact, 245 files on the 4.6 CVS branch have commits newer than the 4.6.2 release! So clearly quite a bit of something has been done lately for 4.6.3. :)

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
I think one cycle of xml and html doc checkins can generate a few hundred commits.  I've fixed dozens of doc bugs.
Collapse
Not 245 commits, 245 distinct files which have each had one or more commits on the branch since 4.6.2.
Collapse
Don said a 4.6.3 beta will be released soon.