Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Installation still broken

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
I don't know. =/

FWIW, editing history for that page shows the comment added by Gustaf Neumann on 5 jan 2007.

The default is "no" compatibility for PG 8.2 with OpenACS 5.2. There is compatibility for PG 8.2 with OpenACS 5.3 core. There are significant differences between OpenACS 5.2 and 5.3 cores. Maybe there is some additional, unpublished developer "magic" needed to get 8.2 to work with 5.2.

To rule out some kind of OpenACS 5.2 tarball problem, I'd try using the oacs-5-2 branch from cvs:

https://openacs.org/xowiki/Get_the_Code

Otherwise, switch to using pg 8.1 which has had the greatest amount of testing against oacs 5.2.

Collapse
Posted by Marc Fournier on
k, I just switched down to 8.1 ... from my side, that was the easier one to do ...

I've restarted the server, and now its to Ben to fill in the fields on that first screen ...

Collapse
Posted by Marc Fournier on
'k folks, this is getting ridiculous :( I've never seen this sort of headache with any of the OpenACS installs before, and we're running *alot* of OpenACS sites ...

I just re-checked the matrix to make sure that we're not running anything not the right version ...

We're running:

Aolserver 4.5.0
PostgreSQL 8.1.9
OpenACS 5.2.3

Ben is able to enter in all the data on the initial screen, but when he clicks Next, the log files generate:

Error: Unable to source /usr/local/www/villagetalk.net/openacs-5.2.3/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/packages-install.tcl: file does not exist.

Using find, the only packages-install.tcl that I'm able to find is:

villagetalk# find . -name packages-install.tcl -print
./packages/acs-admin/www/apm/packages-install.tcl

Doing a 'grep -r', I'm not even finding packages-install.tcl referenced anywhere in the whole tree, so not sure how/where its being called from in the first place:

villagetalk# grep -r packages-install.tcl . | grep -v error.log
./packages/acs-admin/www/apm/packages-install.tcl: @cvs-id $Id: packages-install.tcl,v 1.18 2003/09/26 07:50:33 lars Exp $

So ... is packages-install.tcl being mis-referenced? Not that I can find where its being referenced, but someone with knowlege of the code hopefully does? :)